Attention Gun Owners

justin10985

Okay so I know we all have our own opinion on who we are voting for, but let me tell you after reading Ron Paul's message on his website I believe he is the black sheep in a crowd of white angry wolves. A black sheep that needs to be heard. Check this out... http://www.ronpaul2008.com/gunowners/

THANKS FOR CHECKING IT OUT. And I hope you all vote for Ron Paul. :D

Well thats why he has no chance. People like you dont want to vote for someone that actually gives a DAMN about our rights.

nonsense

beating the drum for Ron Paul is sheer nonsense. Nothing is going to make him president. You can carry his banner till the cows die laughing.

He had a shot and now its time to face reality. He got his message out. I give him credit for doing it.

If he had run as a third party candidate it would have been more beneficial than staying with the party. As a third party candidate he could have been responsible for getting enough third party votes to insure the third party a place on the ballot at some future date. As it is his campaign only forced the other candidates to spend a few more dollars to defeat him.

I believe the future needs a third party but these desperate attempts to change the existing party into something the members do not want to accept is a futile attempt at best.

Yet another situation where the right wing shoots the messenger allowing the message to be lost. No matter how good the message is. Maybe if Ron Paul looked like Brad Pitt and spoke like Reagan people would care to sit still for 5 minutes to listen to the message.

Too bad candidates aren't allowed to debate. This particular issue would be fantastic. Unfortunately, there is NO public forum for debating the merits of political positions. Sure there are certain sites on the internet and groups that promote positions, but there is no public debate, nowhere that reaches a broad audience.

Sure, Ron Paul is not going to be elected. There is exactly ZERO reason to not want his voice to be heard though.

Interestingly, before Mitt dropped out, he said that we needed a change. Yet prior to that, he supported EVERYTHING this administration had done. What exactly did he think needed changing? McCain is the opposite of change, which, I guess if you follow a strict conservative position, is the way to go. No matter how bad the current situation is. Paul actually IS the candidate for change, and that scares the heck out of the right.

Voices like Ron Paul should be heard, based on the merit of their argument. It doesn't much really matter that he won't be elected, a lot of people that I know were donating to his cause simply to give him the opportunity to speak on a national stage. It's not like his positions on gun control have been refuted, but they also haven't exactly been embraced by the public at large. (This is clear to some extent since no other candidates have moved closer to his position to garner more votes)

Their is only one candidate that has proposed bills to restore the Second Amendment. He has tried to conserve many of the bill of rights and the system of government the Constitution called for. The Republic has not a chance for recovery this election.

Why...He has NO chance!

Anybody out there suffering from Voter's Remorse? IE: Voted for FRED but he's dead. Liked Rudy but he's gone. Nut's for Mitt but he's out.

TALK TALK TALK of sending a message to the establishment, then boycott, no make that MALIGN the ONLY anti-estabishment candidate in the race. Pathetic. maybe you should find another forum or watch the View.

What is needed is a new 3rd party, period. Sorry, nothing is being done with any kind of efficacy to rid either party of their undesirable elements.

Well thats why he has no chance. People like you dont want to vote for someone that actually gives a DAMN about our rights

Not at all.

My reservations about Ron Paul center on his lack of support for the second amendment.

Ron Paul joined Ted Kennedy and Diane Finestine in stupidly voting against the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA), the law designed to stop junk lawsuits against gun manufacturers.

Several other candidates, Huckabee for example, have much better records on supporting the second amendment than Ron Paul.

Huckabee refused, as Governor, to allow Arkansas to join in such lawsuits and is on record as supporting something like the PLCAA years before it was actually passed.

Ron Paul talks a good line about support for the second amendment, but when it came time to do so he joined Ted Kennedy and stabbed gun owners squarely in the back.

While the intention of the law was good it was a bad law that established precedents. It was best to do at the state level which a number of states did.
The PLCAA law itself stabs us in the back.

Name another candidate to propose a bill even remotely close to restoring the second amendment you cant find a bill even close to the gains of liberty that of which Ron Paul proposed. Nothing is more disgusting than hearing people say we have too much liberty.

Gun Rights vs Centralization

Ron Paul in the US House of Representatives, April 9, 2003
Mr. Speaker, I rise today as a firm believer in the Second amendment and an opponent of all federal gun laws. In fact, I have introduced legislation, the Second Amendment Restoration Act (HR 153), which repeals misguided federal gun control laws such as the Brady Bill and the assault weapons ban. I believe the Second amendment is one of the foundations of our constitutional liberties. However, Mr. Speaker, another foundation of those liberties is the oath all of us took to respect constitutional limits on federal power. While I understand and sympathize with the goals of the proponents of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (HR 1036), this bill exceeds those constitutional limitations, and so I must oppose it.

It is long past time for Congress to recognize that not every problem requires a federal solution. This country's founders understood the need to separate power between federal, state, and local governments to maximize individual liberty and make government most responsive to citizens. The reservation of most powers to the states strictly limited the role of the federal government in dealing with civil liability matters; it reserved jurisdiction over matters of civil tort, such as alleged gun-related negligence suits, to the state legislatures.
While I am against the federalization of tort reform, I must voice my complete disapproval of the very nature of these suits brought against gun manufacturers. Lawsuits for monetary damages from gun violence should be filed against the perpetrators of those crimes, not gun manufacturers! Holding manufacturers liable for harm they could neither foresee nor prevent is irresponsible and outlandish. The company that makes a properly functioning product in accordance with the law is acting lawfully, and thus should not be taken to court because of misuse by the purchaser (or in many cases, by a criminal who stole the weapon). Clearly these lawsuits are motivated not by a concern for justice, but by a search for deep pockets and a fanatical anti-gun political agenda.
However, Mr. Speaker, the most disturbing aspect of these lawsuits is the idea that guns, which are inanimate objects, are somehow responsible for crimes. HR 1036 shifts the focus away from criminals and their responsibility for their actions. It adds to the cult of irresponsibility that government unfortunately so often promotes. This further erodes the ethics of individual responsibility for one's own actions that must form the basis of a free and moral society. The root problem of violence is not the gun in the hand, but the gun in the heart: each person is accountable for the deeds that flow out of his or her own heart. One can resort to any means available to commit a crime, such as knives, fertilizer, pipes, or baseball bats. Should we start suing the manufacturers of these products as well because they are used in crimes? Of course not – the implications are preposterous.

Finally, Mr. Speaker, I would remind my fellow supporters of gun rights that using unconstitutional federal powers to restrict state gun lawsuits makes it more likely those same powers will be used to restrict our gun rights. Despite these lawsuits, the number one threat to gun ownership remains a federal government freed of its constitutional restraints. Expanding that government in any way, no matter how just the cause may seem, is not in the interests of gun owners or lovers of liberty.

In conclusion, while I share the concern over the lawsuits against gun manufacturers, which inspired HR 1036, this bill continues the disturbing trend toward federalization of tort law. Enhancing the power of the federal government is not in the long-term interests of defenders of the Second amendment and other constitutional liberties. Therefore, I must oppose this bill.

Tort reform is needed not just for firearms but many industries and services.
laws written should apply equally and justly to all not a minority or specific interest.

PLCAA is liberal work towards a good cause making mistakes along the way that can hurt us down the road. Instead of spending better time and writing one law that respects affirms and protects a majority of industries and services which would be MUCH HARDER TO REMOVE. Gun Grabbers couldnt ask for a better bullypulpit against the NRA and 2A supporters its a silver torpedo.

Gun Grabbers have to be frothing at the mouth waiting for Democrat president to get in with Democrat majority in the House and Senate. Cant wait to see if Democrats will propose a AWB this year and it wouldnt suprise me if they got it and Bush signs it they can say everything will be A OK cause we still have the PLCAA.

I dont know how many different ways I can say it. Its a bad law while good intentioned that gives the enemy ammunition that they will take and turn it against us.

MrApathy:

Thanks for posting the test of Ron Paul's address condeming the PLCAA.

By virtue of its being absolute nonsensical jibberish it removes any doubt that Ron Paul knows absolutely nothing about Federalism or Constitutional Law.

Conservatives have rightfully rejected him as a serious contender for the Republican Party Presidental nomination.

yeah nice job with the spin control could you try to do it with any less rationalization

Was this directed at me?

If so, you lost me completely. :confused:

As for Ron Paul, for a long time I have assumed that he had some kind of flawed, but still rational argument against the PLCAA. Perhaps some argument based in constitutional Law. Something based on opposition to overreach of the Commerce Clause perhaps. But it appears that his only reason was, as he states, that such a law gives "ammunition" to the antis to use against us. Pure gibberish. And for that reason he joined with Ted Kennedy and Diane Finestein to try and undo five years of work by the pro 2nd amendment community.

Again, thanks for posting the text of his stated reasoning.

The more that people learn what a daffy ignoramus Ron Paul is the better.

Back