Attended my first compet. of any kind - IHMSA match

Futo Inu

If you don't know the abbr., that a handgun metallic silhouette competition. It was pretty cool, but from my perspective on Sunday, way too much work (my job was running down and re-setting the silhouette targets between rounds, and running back - and the high was only 108 here that day). But after the match, I shot at 10 chickens at 25 meters and 10 pigs at 50 meters with a tricked-out Anschutz .22 handgun, and hit 7 chickens and 8 pigs from an on the back (on the ground) position with the gun resting on the outside of my lower leg (don't know the actual name of this shooting position). That gun was incredibly accurate, but holding on target was much harder than it looks. All in all, too slow paced of a game for me, but maybe someday when I'm too old to play hockey.

Good observation. I like watching long distance stuff, but not if I'm the one that has to run and reset the targets or act as spotter (boring). Skeet (with bursting clays),Cowboy (dinging metal targets), or USPSA three gun (Courses of fire with rifle, shotgun and pistol) are much more action packed. IMHO :cool:

Back