Atlanta Arms places to visit

Rothdel

Taking a trip to Atlanta next week for business. Any unique shops worth visiting for guns, military collectibles, ect ect ect.

I'm curious to check out Museum Replicas simply to scratch an itch. Anything else worth a look?

Due to the way my meetings are set up the mornings and evenings are relatively full but will have time in the middle of the day to explore a bit.

From what you describe, I can't think of any such places (not that I'm an expert on Atlanta as I seldom go into the city).

If you'd just like to pass a little time in a very nice and upscale gun shop, visit Chuck's Firearms in the Buckhead community. It's easily Googled/Yahooed.

About a week ago the store had two "liberty/insurgency" .45 ACPs, the stamped single shot pistol dropped to the Resistance in France. You might call it an
Official U.S. Government Zip Gun.

Lots of Civil war history and museum's in the Marietta/Kennesaw area that might be of interest.

Adventure Outdoors is a must see as far as a large gun shop is considered.

Moss pawn in Jonesboro, GA is where I would go. Iraqveteran8888 from YouTube works there and shoots video from the shop sometimes. And from those videos I've seen that they have quite the selection. Looks like lots of NFA stuff and plenty of milsurp.

Don't leave the Atlanta area without stopping at the Varsity or Cafe Hotwings. Mmmm

Maybe a little day trip to Clyde Armory in Athens Ga - not too far from Atlanta CLYDE ARMORY 4800 Atlanta Hwy Athens, GA 30606;

Glock manufacturing plant in Smyrna Ga - I don't know if you can visit or not, but that might be interesting.

There used to be a shop in Clayton Ga (too far from Atlanta, and not there anymore) that specialized in historic arms. He had a good inventory of old Colt SAA's, Bisleys, 1911's, Civil War Colts and Remingtons, historic carbines and rifles as well. I loved going into that shop (can't remember the name), nice stuff but his prices were too high. Anyway, that shop moved or went out of business, but it's one of the few shops that truly specialized in selling authentic historic arms.

Last edited:
Back