Athlon Scopes

I cannot comment on toughness, but I have a Athlon Argos BTR 6-24 mounted on a .308 and it is very impressive. I have owned much more expensive scopes with less performance. Friends often comment on the brightness and clarity when shooting the rifle without me asking.

Athlon has done a very good job of storming into the Performance budget optics category IMO. Good price, respectable performance and a great Customer service model/team. They have shown that they can toss their hat into the big boy arena with the Cronus line and where they shine is the $400-$600 market. The Ares and Midas models are all great performers for their use and the Midas TAC is lauded by many as one of the best values for the price in terms of glass, features and function.

I was just looking for a couple of new scopes in this anthlon's price/performance range and came very close to buying one--but at the last second changed my mind and sprang for vortex diamondback tactical scopes with the ebr reticles and ffp.

I've tossed this around on the internet as too what brand, what price point do you get a product you can trust to protect the home? Athlon scopes are brand new to me and I'd like your view points or counter view points?

I've tossed this around on the internet as too what brand, what price point do you get a product you can trust to protect the home? Athlon scopes are brand new to me and I'd like your view points or counter view points?
Why a scope on a home protection rifle?

Seem to be faster with a 1X then Iron sights out to 50 yds or so. Started to run a Primary arm GLx 2 power prism a couple weeks ago and that and that too is fast.

Back