Astra Cub Model 2000

DeanG

The family of a recently departed extended family member, found a Astra Cub, Model 2000, among the departed's belongings. It is chambered for the .22 short, has a "luger" style tappered barel of about 3", fixed sights, single action only, and was made in Spain. The family believes the pistol has "collector value". Would someone please be so kind as to provide more information on what this really is and is there any value to it.

Thank you in advance,

Dean

Not realy what would be considered a "collector" unless someone collects Astra pistols. Value is aroud $250.00 in like new condition. The Pistol was made in/around 1954, however, imports have discontinued in 1968.

HJN

Astra Cub in .22S, must look a lot like this one! :D I paid $160 as I recall for this one a while back, it's like new.

Astra_CUB_22S.jpg

Johnwill,

Good pics thanks. Found out the one I now have is a "Camper" model with the longer barrel which sticks out from the slide about 2" and has a tall fixed front sight. The stocks on mine are also black and they say "Astra Cub, Model 2000" on them. The Mag release button is also serrated. The overall condition is near mint with the minor exception of one of the stock screws on which someone let a screw driver slip out of the grove and mar the screw head.

Thanks,

Dean

I looked a bit closer at your description, and realized that what you were describing wasn't the standard Cub. I don't believe I've ever seen the Camper model, if you are able, I'd love to see a picture of it. :)

Back