Astra 600 9mm trigger pull

jrfoxx

Guessing this is the best location for answers on this one, if not, mods feel free to move.

I have an Astra 600 mfg in 1945, west german police markings that I inherited from my grandfather.When I got it, some very old, sticky crud had to be cleaned out to get it to dry fire (seemed like what I hear old wd40 will do, although my father claims to have only used regular Hoppe's oil, dont know about grandpa though).I Have hosed it out with LOTS of "Gunscrubber" and relubed with RemOil and it seems to funtion fine, but I have noticed that the 1st 3/4's of the trigger pull feels as I would expect, then the last 1/4 is VERY tight.Is this (the very tight, last 1/4 of pull) normal on these, or is it an indication that I need to get the instuctions to strip it 100% for more cleaning (or have a smith do it as I have no idea if more than a field strip is within my abilities or a good idea on this gun). Any help would be appreciated.

I would recommend the "Smith" Trigger jobs on those guns can go array and the gun could go fire full auto if not done correctly.

HJN

So your saying it IS a normal thing for these guns to have a trigger pull as described, and if I want it corrected, only a smith with good knowledge of this particular gun is recommeded?(I would never personally attempt any modifications to any guns internals myself, and would always try to be sure a smith had experiance with the particular gun in question anyway)
sorry if I'm not understanding you completely.....

Finding a 'smith that is experienced in doing trigger jobs on an Astra 600 ought to be an interesting undertaking.:D (Not exactly a competition target gun) And, as Harley said, there's the chance that someone has already been screwing with it.
I've owned a number of the Astra 300, 400 & 600's over the years and as I remember their triggers weren't anything to write home about. After all, they are, basically, a military sidearm and trigger pull was not a primary concern.
In fact, I think they liked them a little on the heavy side. (Check out a Nagant revolver.:barf: )

Dean

I don't think I would go beyond a little good gun oil on the hammer sear notch. I really don't understand the problem, though. The trigger pull on mine runs a nice crisp 9 1/2 pounds. Just like a target trigger. ;)

Jim

Back