Astra .357 (.38 Special too) info???

Ironbarr

3" bbl, 6 rounds, heavy framed. Has adj rear sight, front ramped. About 90%.

I'm looking for grips - thin. Current walnut checkered grips feel "thick" - not quite comfortable. I don't know what model of what other MFR this Astra mimics, so I don't know what grips to check out. Ideas? Facts? All appreciated.

By the way, Last time out I had a black weak hand due to powder residue from the port on left side behind cylinder. Is this the Astra or me... I don't remember seeing any on other (infrequent) outings.

TIA.

-Andy

Hi, Ironbarr,

I don't know how you are holding that revolver, but it sounds like you are getting powder residue from the barrel-cylinder gap. You might measure it (auto type feeler gages will do) and it should be about .006. If it is much more, you have a problem.

As to the grips, some Astras are close to the S&W K frame, but not close enough for grips to fit without being fitted. You might try a gun show, as there often are parts sellers with a variety of grips. Take the gun along (cylinder removed) or a drawing of the grip outline and see what you can find.

Jim

Jim, thanks for the reply and the info. I'll check that gap. My apologies for tardiness - one of those weeks.

Thanks again.

-Andy

Back