Assembly problem

fauxpa46

I have begun purchasing parts from AIM Surplus to build a G43X. I have the frame (from SCT) and "lower" parts for the frame. Everything was going along swimmingly until I came to installing the mag release. Although it installed it did not seem to seat well in my opinion. Thinking maybe it would be okay after inserting the magazine, I did so only to find I now cannot remove the magazine. AIM said to take it to a local gunsmith, which i did. He, too could not budge it. We could not even "yank" it out as you would in an emergency removal.

Has anyone run across this problem? Does anyone have a solution?

Have you considered removing material with a dremel to hit the release and remove the button and magazine?

Imagine if you were giving the magazine release button a root canal to make access.

Try inserting a thin shim (like a feeler gauge) from the top, and carefully working it between the mag catch and the magazine. Or, remove the magazine floor plate and guts, and try to flex the magazine body to achieve release.

SCT returning frame and magazine to me (mag uninstalled). The lower parts kit contains the same parts for both the G43 and G43X, except for the mag release. All I need to do is purchase a mag release for the G43X. BTW, when purchasing the parts kit, AIM Surplus showed only that kit available for the 43, not the 43X. I wasn't the wiser and purchased the incorrect kit apparently.
Live and learn.

Back