ASP Baton

Mike Baugh

I am wanting to pick up an extra ASP baton . I have a 21" chrome in my work vehicle and wanted some input on the 16" length versus the 21" and preferences in the different finishes , black chrome , electroless nickel and the airweight version . Thanks , Mike...

I like the short and medium lengths. The short will fit in a pants pocket when collapsed. I have never owned the airweight and did not like the feel of it. I like the blued versions since they are less visible.

I like the longer versions. I carried a 26 incher for a good long time and found it to be most usefull and never really unweildy when collapsed and riding in its scabbard.
The newer 31 incher - I have only played with. You can hit a home run with it. This is a good thing.

Of the two I own i like the 21" the best, Ive one now in all steel and one with a foam handle.....either is just as good,,,,,,fubsy.

I've owned a 21" lightweight, but one day when it was "employed" it bent under the force of striking an average male thigh. it has since been replaced with the 21" Fed grip steel. This is heavier, but a great deal sturdier. It is my understanding that the lightweight is to be issued to officers who mainly are assigned to office duty with light patrol duty. As for finish, I find the blackened to be as durable as stainless w/o the flash.

Mike

Back