ASM vs Uberti or Pietta parts

TemboTusk

I have an odd question. I want to get a spare hammer for my ASM 3rd Colt Dragoon. Finding an ASM hammer is not easy. Will a Pietta or Uberti hammer fit? Now I figure there might be some fitting involved, but, is it doable? Is it like a golden lab vs. a black lab or more like a pit bull and pug?

The reason for the question: I recently did a cylinder conversion job on the Dragoon and filed the hand a bit too much. It works OK, but I can feel it is a bit short. I bought a readily available Uberti hand (which is a work of art compared to the ASM hand!). The Uberti hand will work if I drill out the ASM hammer. Because of the difficulty in getting any ASM parts, I am reluctant to mess any further with ASM hammer or hand. Hence the question about getting a Pietta or Uberti hammer.

Thanks!

Thanks Hawg! That eliminates one manufacture!

I guess a better question might be: Does anybody have both an ASM and Uberti 3rd model Dragoons who could check if the hammers interchange?

If you haven't checked with them yet, try VTI Gun Parts.
www.vtigunparts.com/ or 8604358068
They have a listing that says- ASM Hammer (3rd, texas dragoon).
The price is $35. You will have to call them or use their check stock feature on the web site as they do not list stock amounts. Hope this helps.

VTI is a great resource, but very limited on ASM parts. I will check with them on parts for the Dragoon. You never know!!

However if someone can verify that a Uberti Dragoon hammer works in a ASM Dragoon that would be great. That would make sourcing other parts easier.

Back