Arrested for giving false information on a gun form?

hoosierboy

Here in my small town in Indiana, sombody got arrested for providing false information onhis 4473 form. The batf got invloved and I know for a fact he is behind bars.

The thing is I agree with the BATF, but I was shocked they actually carried this out. I remember reading a quote that this year, 160,000 guns have been kept off the streets b/c of the instant background checks. So I sarcastically said, thats 160,000 people that will go to jail for giving false information to the BATF.

I know there are enough guns laws on the books now, but I never knew they were being enforced. Is this a rare case or does this happen elsewhere.

ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

by the wat I am new here can someone tell me what RKBA stands for. I am dyeing to know.

Someone arrested for filling out an incorrect 4473? I believe that brings the total to, what? - seven? Go Bill, you da man!

Hoosierboy, you're going to feel silly when I tell you RKBA stands for the Right To Keep and Bear Arms. (To be honest I didn't figure it out for a few days myself the first time I saw it in writing.)

thanks, and boy do I feel stupid! By then way with seven people off the streets now I feel a lot safer, In fact I think I will sell all of my guns.

Back