Arnscorp M1A

swampy

A guy at the range is selling an Armscorp M1A NM sights, etc. for $1k, but I'm unfamilar with Armscorp. The web shows it to be a Baltimore, MD company specializing in M14s. Anyone have any experience with Armscorp products? How do they compare to Springfield? As this will be my first M1A if I pursue it, anything I should look for in particular? Thanks

I've never had an opportunity to inspect an Armscorp M1A receiver.

As a precautionary measure, I suggest you bring a surplus M1 Garand receiver with you when you inspect the Armscorp. The critical part which is messed up in some Springfield Inc. and (probably all) Federal Ordnance receivers is the bridge (web) of the receiver. That's the internal part which spans from one side of the receiver to the other and is located right behind the bolt when the bolt is fully locked up.

You're checking to insure that the section which acts on the tail of the firing pin is cleanly casted. If it's not, then it will accelerate wear on the tail of the firing pin, which could possibly lead to the tail breaking off and unintentional discharges.

Good luck.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

[This message has been edited by 4V50 Gary (edited October 19, 1999).]

swampy,

I have heard from several knowledgable shooter friends that Armscorp makes a pretty good m14 type receiver.

My question to anybody out there who knows is, What is the difference/ superiority of teh double lugged receiver v. the "regular" receiver.

Does the double lugged receiver have to use a specially modified stock or can it just use regular m14 wood?

Thanks for input.

Back