ArmySon's 1911 ... Which Carbon Fiber Stocks?

HKguy9

Anyone know which stocks ArmySon has on his sweeeeeeet boron carbided 1911? Are those Carbon Creations stocks or some other make that I don't know of?

Son..if you're out there...please advise, and stay safe :)

Hi Scott,

I was referring to this one:
bc1.jpg

In the review you linked me to, I got the impression he said it was a Springfield, and the grips were functional but not pretty.

The photos that were linked in the review didn't work so I had no way of verifying...

Still, appreciate it though :)

Edited: Can't find any grips on Mad Dog's site either :(

Thanks for posing this question, as I was wondering the same thing. This has to be one of the best gun pics I have seen anywhere, but the lighting has me confused. Is this a stainless, blued or hardchromed finish, and exactly what color are the grips? I have seen the black carbon fibre grips, but never any grey looking ones. Wish they were available however.:cool:

simiar

In appearance to my Gunsite Colt Commander with Reeder Custom Gun's "black-blue" finish with black Carbon Creation grips....makes for a really nice looking carry package...
Nope, ain't gotta pic

Jspy

The color of the gun is like none of the finishes you mention.

When you put boron carbide over polished stainless it provides a glossy, almost clear grey.

I had a Browning MK III done in boron carbide from the same source. Mine came out a satin grey due to the metal being covered which was a forged steel. But the barrel, which was polished steel, came out the same color as ArmySon's 1911.

Erick;
I don't have a Brownell's catalog to look at. Could you give me more info about whats on page 111.

Back