Armslist Problems

I checked Armslist yesterday (I search BP on it several times a week) and got hit with a malware pop up saying I had a virus.
I pressed Control/Alternate/Delete together, Selected "Task Manager," clicked on the browser task that was running and then "End Task."
I reopened the browser and went back to Armslist and had it happen again and again.
I scanned my computer and got a clean bill of health.
Today I went back to Armslist and had it happen again.
If I had something for sale on Armslist or if I had seen something I wanted and was watching it, I would be pretty unhappy for their lack of security.
If I had clicked on the malware and had my computer lockup I would be really mad.
As it is, I'm just a bit grumpy at not being able to window shop again today.
Lets hope they see that no one can buy anything or post new ads and cleanup their site soon!

I just loaded site with no hitches ... monitored net traffic and it looks clean ... download Malware Bytes and give that a run.

I have had several pop up problems on Armslist in the past. I do not go there anymore because of it. Never had a problem anywhere else.

I find this thread to be more "computer related" than firearms related, and so, in violation of general forum rules

"Posts must be firearm related"

I realize it might be useful to some, but its not a good fit here.

probably should be closed, but I won't, for now...

Back