Armscor shotguns?

bspillman

Hey folks. I just picked a High Standard m200 12 gauge by Armscor. It is stamped on the receiver "High Standard". Does anyone have any experience with these pumps? Good or bad. Thanks.

I have heard nothing but good things about Armscor shotguns. High Standard was once owned by Sears and they made J. C. Higgins shotguns. I have a 1947 J. C. Higgins model 20 that was made in 1947 and it still shoots perfectly. I had planned on buying a M5 pump shotgun from Armscor but I stumbled across my old shotgun in a trade. I have about $20 or so in it after the trading (cars, shotgun, ammo) concluded. The old J. C. Higgins shotguns have very little value but it being made the year I was born makes it sorta special to me.

Thanks for the reply. The gun seems well built. I hope to hear from others with experience. According to Armscor the gun has a lifetime warranty.

Sears didn't own High Standard; they had many makers make a wide variety of guns for them under their house names.

I went back to the gun shop and picked up a Rock Island Armory m5 12 gauge as well. These seem to be well made guns.

Back