Armi Jager .58 2 band musket Good Buy?

BlackPowderBen

Hi guys,
I have the opportunity to buy a Armi Jager .58 2 band Musket, almost positve it's a zoauve, for $200. The gun is used, looks like it has been shot some, here's some pics. I was told by the seller that he got it from a friend who got it from his grandfather, so this could have some years on it. Is this a good deal? What's the going rate for one of these used?

Attachments

• gunns.JPG
    gunns.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 81
  • gun2.jpg
    gun2.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 87
  • gun3.jpg
    gun3.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Normally, I see used reproduction Zouaves in the $300 - $400 dollar range so if it is in decent shape, the bore is good, etc. then $200 would be a good buy.

I bought my repro Zouave back in about 1964 or possibly a little earlier if I remember correctly. I paid a whole whopping $65.00 for it and the old gunsmith I bought if from threw in a tin of musket caps, a pound of 2F DuPont BP and about twenty five minie balls. I used it for many years and still have it. It was my really "first" ML rifle. I really don't know who made mine as it is not marked other than the lock with the date and the serial #. Mine has had literally thousands of rounds through it - I used it when I was shooting N-SSA as well as just having fun with it on the farm.

Usually there is a lot of blowback when they are fired which scorches & erodes the wood right behind the nipple. I don't see much there so this gun has not been shot a whole lot or they used a flash guard. $220 is a pretty good deal if the bore isn't rusted/pitted. Inside the patch box there used to be a spare nipple (#11 size?) screwed into the wood and a worm. You might check for that too.

A lot of these came with two nipples, one for musket caps and one for #11. The spare nipple was held in a little hole inside the patchbox.

Back