Armalite - How long did you wait?

DblTap

Has anyone out there ever ordered directly from Armalite? What model did you order and how long did you have to wait?

Placed an order for their M15A4(T) carbine on February 12, 1999 and I'm still waiting. (Yep, it's only been EIGHT months.)

DblTap

[This message has been edited by DblTap (edited October 08, 1999).]

Man, that sucks. I just saw an Armalite AR for the first time today. At my usual range they have a 20" model for $929.00.

I really liked the green furniture. I might have to see about a loan....

------------------
Dan

Si vis pacem para bellum!

Check me out at:
<A HREF="http://www.mindspring.com/~susdan/interest.htm" TARGET=_blank>

www.mindspring.com/~susdan/interest.htm</A>
www.mindspring.com/~susdan/GlocksnGoodies.htm

Have you called Armalite about this delay?
I ordered an upper half a couple of years ago and had it in 5 work days.
Try calling them. All of my experiences with them have been positive.
Cat

I purchased a National Match model a few years back and it took about 6 weeks. The problem now is a backlog due to the y2k crap. I believe this is industry wide. A friend just ordered 6 Bushmasters about 6 months ago and it took forever to get them. My Armalite is a fine shooting gun. It will outshoot me, what more could I ask for.

joefo

I have kept a call log of the 15 conversations I've had with their sales staff. Written a letter to the president of the company. Was told three weeks ago that they were building 25 carbines, 15 with green furniture and 10 with black. My order was "on the top of the list". Now when I call back, they can't tell me when my order will ship. So much for being at the top of the list....

Since I'm a distributor, I get the standard letters from the Armalite president, Mark Westrom, stating that I have to stick to the retail price of his weapons. It sure would be nice to get some product instead of a letter telling me how to run my business.

DblTap

I placed an order for 5 stripped lowers in June still haven't received them. I called them last week and canceled my order. It isn't really there fault it is Y2K hysteria and everyone wants an AR.

Latest letter from Armalite arrived on Friday. States that due to the legislation change in Kalifornia, that state's dealers will receive preference in shipments.

How nice. Isn't Kalifornia the place where not registering your assault weapon was a crime, and now that the state Attorney General's office contains a different person, it's a crime to have an assault weapon? I guess the next step, now that the government knows where all of them are, because the law abiding owners registered them, they come and get them. They did say that they will reimburse you for your registration fee, just not the cost of your rifle! Looks like the state of Kalifornia will soon be coming into a new batch of Armalite rifles.

I strongly suggest that everyone on this board read the artice in this month's NRA magazines by Wayne LaPierre.

Sorry about the rant, but it doesn't look like my order will be filled before February or March of 2000 which means 12 to 14 months of waiting for a rifle. Next, they will tell me that due to a cost increase of components, the price I was quoted cannot be met, and the new price will be whatever the market will bear. I can hardly wait.......

Suggestions for a new company name? Arma-LongWait? This isn't funny anymore.

DblTap

Back