Armalite AR question

Futo Inu

If I get an Armalite AR-whatever in .243 Win, will it be later convertible to accept any other uppers - or is it different dimensions from ordinary AR?

Futo,
You're talking about Armalite AR10's right. AR10 uppers would not fit an AR15 lower. The only .30 caliber upper that would fit an AR15 lower would be a 7.62X39 upper. AR10 would be a .308 or the .243.

Futo, You may want to check with DPMS. I think they are coming out with an AR10 type rifle, If that is the way you are thinking. I say this because the last few ARmalites I've handled have been very sloppy upper to lower fit.
Scratch

Indeed. There's a thread at the DPMS forum at AR15.com where some of us are encouraging Jarod of DPMS to push development. Personally, I asked that it be made to take the metric FN-FAL magazine.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Gary
I thought Jared said they tried the FAL mag but couldn't get it to operate correctly or reliably or something. I could be wrong though. Would like it myself.

Barclay,

You're right about Jarod (of DPMS) stating that the FN Mags have been tried with unsatisfactory results. It was wishful thinking on my part to have a plentiful and inexpensive magazine used for the gun. It was wishful thinking on my part.

Gary

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Back