Armalite .50 BMG

Noban

I recently read an article on the Armalite .50 BMG. It is a single shot, bolt action rifle with an aluminum stock and AR-type pistol grip. It sports a massive muzzle brake that is reportedto reduce recoil to that of a 12 guage. I've never given much thought to the 50 BMG because of equipment cost, but this one looks well made and sells for a "reasonable" $2500. Has any one out there other than the gun writers handled this thing, and what do you think?

Thanks,

Noban

I saw one at a show

it's big ;)
was the article you read the one in AR this month?

Did you know there is going to be an AR-30?

same rifle in 30 caliber...
308 30-06 338!

dZ

Better budget at least $1000 more for a good scope and rings. Ammo will cost more than $1/round even if you reload. Nice toy if you can afford it and have the range to play with it.

Jared

And at 41 lb. and 5' long, better budget for a couple of gunbearers, too. :eek:

IWANTONEIWANTONEIWANT
ONEIWANTONEIWANT
ONEIWANTONEIWANTONEI
WANTONEIWANTONE
IWANTONEIWANTONEI
WANTONEIWANTONEIWANT
ONEIWANTONEIWANTONEIWANT
ONEIWANTONEIWANTONEI
WANTONEIWANTONEIWANTONEIWAN TONEIWANTONEIWANTONEI
WANTONEIWANTONEIWANTONE
IWANTONEIWANTONE!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, maybe just a little... :)

[This message has been edited by Mike Irwin (edited May 26, 2000).]

If anyone here wants one, you better get on the list, I think the production for the next year or so is spoken for.

I saw a listing for a Barrett Big Shot .50 for sale on Gunbroker.com about a week ago, reserve was $2850, it came with Barrett rings and a Tasco scope of some sort.

No I'm not the one selling it, I just figured I'd pass on the info! :)

------------------
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war.

I can't budget for one, but I'd be real happy if large numbers of TFLers did. It's good to have precision light armor stopping back-up.

There's a nice little write-up in the June 2000 issue of the American Rifleman about the ArmaLite AR-50 Rifle.
Starts on page 53.
TS

[This message has been edited by Target Shooter (edited May 26, 2000).]

Back