Arizona "HAM" hunters......

Or for that matter, anyone who has hunted in Arizona with a handgun.

I was drawn for this hunt next month, and was going out with my 10" Contender. My buddy, in investigating another issue, was told by the unit manager that there was a maximum barrel length of 6" inches!:eek:

You can search the regs all day, there is no reference to minimum/maximum barrel lengths on anything.:confused:

Anybody else ever hear of this? Been cautioned/cited? The unit manager presumably conceeded it was not in written in regs, but insisted that was the law.

Check state law. It is often different and overlapping game laws. In Washington you need a concealed pistol license to carry, unless you are going to or returning from hunting. That is not mentioned anywhere in the game regulations.

My guess would be that you are in a firearm restricted area of some sort. That would be in county ordinances or codes.

Or ask a wildlife officer. They should be up on all that.

I think that is BS. Without looking, and you say you have, the only specification I recall is "centerfire handgun." I have certainly seen stories posted about people using Contenders on their HAM hunts. I guess you could try contacting someone at game and fish, but if it's not in the regs...

Back