Argentine model 1927 DGFM

ak9

Just bought one. All numbers match, including the barrel. Shot 1" groups at 10yds, which is about as good I can do with anything these days. Slide, frame, and barrel as tight or tighter then my Kimber. Unbelievable! This was someone's baby at some time. She isn't pretty, but she sure can cook. It is my understanding that this is the same as the 1911A1 only manufactured in Argentina under license, utilizing Colt equipment and under Colt supervision. Serial# 77XXX. Can anybody verify this or know anything about these pistols? Has smooth wooden grips with military insignia( Argentine AF?)inlaid in the grip.

Do you havea sourcefor these pistols or was it just a lucky find? I think I might be interestedif some company is selling them.

Shot Gun News had a lengthy article about the 1927 and the Ballestar Molina (a similar pistol, but not a true 1911 clone) an issue or three back...

The Sistema is a true Colt, made on Colt equipment, to then (1930s high) Colt quality standards, in Argentina, from good quality steel. They are quality guns, if you can find one in good shape -- and many of them are in good shape.

On the Curio & Relic lists, many of the participants have them, and speak highly of them. I see them in the Gun List and SGN regularly, but they're getting rare, again.

HARDBALL, NO SOURCE. JUST HAPPENED TO BE BROWSING THE ISLE AT THE SAN ANTONIO SHOW AND IT CAUGHT MY EYE. FRAME HAD A LITTLE RASH PROBLEM(PRIMARILY UNDER THE LEFT GRIP), BUT WAS STOPPED, THOUGH IT DID LEAVE A LITTLE ACNE. THANKS FOR THE INFO WALT. I WAS THINKING ABOUT MODIFYING IT, BUT NOW I THINK I'LL DO SOME CHECKING BEFORE I START PLAYING WITH IT.

Back