Are threaded barrle guns available for public civilians after Jan 1?

AgtTanner

The new H&K tactical has a threaded barrel but not sure if they're going to be available to public? Does anyone like H&K guns I never see anyone talk about them in the forum. I honestly dont like the trigger; I think its horrible. My friend just bought a USP 9mm. You have to apply at least 4 pounds of pressure to just squeeze 1 round out. Can you do anything about that. Any H&K hints for my friend?
Can he convert it like the Glock which has the smoothest trigger pull ever?

If you're referring to within the People's Republic of Kalifornia, then no, under the state assault weapon ban, they have been banned for sale as of 1/1/00. Dumb as it sounds, any semi-auto pistol with a threaded barrel, regardless of capacity, etc., has been a CA assault weapon as of 1/1/00 with all the restrictions and registration requirements thereof.

As I understand it, if one swaps out the threaded barrel with a non-threaded barrel, then AW registration and restrictions do not apply... Stupid, I know, but there it is...

FWIW, Glocks come from the factory with a 5.5# trigger.

If you are referring to the USP's DA pull, that's around 9 - 10 #'s, SA is probably in the 5.5# range, too.

I've read somewhere that there is a match trigger for USP's, maybe something HK can do for a fee. Don't know anything else, other than it's suppose to be lighter, smoother, better...

Fwiw, the USP trigger should smooth out after break-in and maybe even lighten up a bit.

The rep is that they are reliable and accurate. I got one of the rare lemons in .45. Took 5 trips back to get it feeding reliably. Everyone else I've talked to with one, says their's runs 100% reliable. I'm just the 'lucky' one... <g>

It is very accurate. Probably it's best feature on mine. I prefer a good 1911 trigger, followed by the Glock trigger. To me the USP's pull and break feels plastic-like.

Match trigger does help the pull over the regular USP trigger. The Tactical comes with a Match trigger standard. The pull does improve with time also. I have a Tactical and Love it.

I'm not sure why you get the impression that nobody talks about HK's here. True, they do not get as much attention as Glocks or 1911's, but I do not think they are ignored.

At first, I thought the trigger on my USP 40c was a little long, but after a while, it became smoother. She's been shootin like a dream ever since!

Semper Fi-
JJC

Back