Are there any ramifications...

MoW

for someone who is CCW, that doesn't get involved in an incident? Another words are you open to being prosecuted or sued(civil) if you carry a CCW and choose not to involve yourself(for whatever reason).
For example if you were in a situation where 1 or more children were between you and the perpetrator and you deemed it wise not to pull your weapon for fear of hurting innocents, but then the perpetrator ends up shooting someone in the end and flees. Could the victim, his family or the police charge or sue you for NOT pulling your weapon? :confused:

I guess is it would be like wearing a Teflon suit in court, as no charges would stick

I would love to see the prosecution that could make that stick.....wait a minute,On second thought........NO I DON"T :eek: :( .

Criminally, I can't see how. Civilly, someone can always sue you if they want but I imagine you could get that taken care of pretty quickly as rubbish.

If you're concealed and you don't present, how would anyone even know?

You would have to be a material witness----police would ask for ID etc...good chance they find out you have a CCW license. If being sued they will certainly know with a background check that you have a CCW license.

I suggest if you own a home, or have a substancial income, look into an umbrella insurance policy. For 150 bucks a year, you get 1.5 M in coverage.

This way you dont lose any sleep with these stupid nusance lawsuits.

Back