Are there any IWB holsters w/ thumbreak? Kydex or leather?

Correia

I'm looking for a IWB holster for a 1911, kydex holsters sound like they have some real advantages, but leather would be great also.

I'm pretty active during the day, and I have a job that requires me to move around a lot, so I'm kind of partial to a thumbreak. I've looked around a little, and I can't really seem to find any IWB holsters with the thumbreak.

Thanks

Not a direct answer but for what it's worth:

Most quality Kydex are adjustable and if you dail them in correctly it's not coming out without a firm draw.

I think the same can be said of a quality leather but over time they just get loose.

Most of the custom makers - M/D Enterprises, Allesi, Milt Sparks, et alia - will add a thumb break to their IWB. Usually an extra charge.

------------------
Jim Fox

Ted Blocker's LFI rig comes standard with a thumbbreak. It's also nice for the velcro attachment to the belt. It allows you to put the holster in unusual positions if needed for concelment. I had the same problem with my job a few years back (very active with lots of bending, stretching ect.) and it worked well for me. He has a web site but I don't have the address on hand.

Gunslinger and I distribute a molded holster that is molded to your gun, it has a very strong clip for your belt. These are considerably cheaper than your other brands and are just as nice. We also carry a concealable holster that conceals very well. If anyone is wanting more information e-mail either Gunslinger or me and we will tell you more. These holsters are $28 plus $2 S&H.

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT

Back