Are there any D.U 9mm bullets?

Basil

this is a rather science fiction type of question!
Does anybody know whether D.U. (Deployed Uranium) 9.0 mm bullets have ever produced?
I am just curious.
Thanks

Why?

And they are quite illegal in the US. Handgun bullets can only be made of copper, zinc, lead or steel and there are limits to the weight of a bullet jacket as a percentage of the total bullet mass.

Also, no tungsten or steel cored ammo for handguns.

deployed uranium

thanks for your kind help. It is deployed uranium and the reason asked is for just scientific purposes caused by the confusion that currently exists in Europe after the bombing of Kossovo with deployed uranium bombs and the many symptoms of cancern of veterans.

Thanks

depleted uranium

The correct term is, in fact, "depleted uranium". I suspect the confusion may have arisen as a result of depleted uranium shells being "deployed" in Kosovo. An internet search for depleted uranium may shed more light on the subject for you. Hope this helps.
vanfunk

depleted uranium

yes, it is depleted not deployed!
Sorry for the misleading term used. I quite liked the very intelligent pun "deployed depleted...". Very nice, thanks.
Take care!

I don't think so...

FYI, as a nuclear engineer I can tell you that the alleged life-threatening effects of DU are pretty much bogus...except for being nailed with a peice going Mach 3, of course.

C.B.

depleted uranium

another thing they have to keep in mind is that certain russian weapon designs (tank and anti aircraft artillery) have been in use by all warring parties in the region using depleted uranium long before the u.s. came along.
seems most europeans are trying to finger point again, in the direction of the u.s.

[Edited by fedaykin on 01-16-2001 at 03:23 PM]

Back