**Are the Sig Sauer Pro SPC 2000/2340 as good as the Sig 226/228/229/239???

Moved to:

... the autopistol forum. (BTW, based on my experience, they're different but every bit as good, save that the fabled "easy SIG takedown" feature is gone on the polymer-framed ones)

"I'd rather live next door to someone who owned a Sig-Pro
series handgun; than to own one myself"
. Anyone who knows anything at all about me on this forum will tell you that I own, shoot, and carry the Sig-Sauer "P-series" of handguns exclusively!!!:D:) In my humbled opinion, the introduction of Sig polymer framed weapons was a mistake?:mad:

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Having owned and still currently owning sig p series and having a roomate that owns a sig pro I can tell you the pro is not equal to the P series its better. It won't crack after a case of ammo or even several hundred cases. Aluminum belongs in aircraft not guns.
PAT

I am a traditionalist at heart.

I prefer the SIG Classic series. I own a few polymer-frame guns and they are OK shooters (Glock & USP, not the Pro), but I like the feel of metal. I also like that I can get hi-caps (albeit pricey) for the double stack Classics, but am paying for vacant space with the Pros.

In my experience, I have never seen a SIG frame crack. SIG also changed the frame design to prevent cracks from developing. Remember that the 226 also passed the US Army tests, but lost to the M9 because is cost $15 more.

Like mine

I have shot both, and own a 2340.

Is the P-Series better, yes. Is it $150-200 better, Well that depends on how much money that is too you.

I am a poor man, and for What I paid for my Pro $480 w/night sites NIB, I don't feel that I coulf have got a better gun. I wanted a SIG, and this brought it into Range for me.

Thoughts

at first I was a little disapointed with the trigger pull, but after 500-600 rounds it has come around nicely. I like the gun a lot now and feel very confortable with it. It is way more accurate then me and is reliable, except with this cheap reloads that I bought at a gun show. All in all, its a plastic SIG. If you don't like Glocks, like me, then the only other options at that price seem to fade.

P.S. Before I get Flamed by the Glockephiles, let me just say that I have nothing against Glocks, I just don't like the way they shoot. If the SHTF and someone handed me a Glock, I would not complain.

IMHO the 2340 is a better gun than the classic series. The REAL classic is the Sig P-210. Plastic perfection vs. Steel perfection. Buy one of each while P-210 is still available.

What a can of worms. Each person will praise what they like. For me the SIG Sauer Classics are unbeatable. I don't like the sig pro because of the modular design. If you need the trigger spring changed it has to go back to SIG Arms, same thing for the hammer spring. This too much of a hassle for me. Besides it's a very chunky design for the PC 10 rounds. All of this is subjective, and if you like them get one. I'm sure they're reliable and are up to SIG Sauer quality.

Back