Are Springfields M1As easy to attain??

john232

I have a mini 30 but its only accurate out to about 80 yds. Now I want the real McCoy. I was drueling on a scout squad model the other day but I will not be able to afford one for about a year. So I am asking you all if you think I will still be able to get one then, or if I should bite the bullet and get one sooner. I feel the M1A is about the best all around rifle in the world for the price and what you get tactically is more than enough. Thanks for the replys and I envy you M1A owners but soon I will be one of you all. God willing. John

John,

In the political climate we are in if you really wanted one I'd get one as soon as you could.

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

The real question is do you want to spend the big bucks. I bought the loaded standard rifle with walnut stock and national match barrel for 1100 bucks 2 years ago and the same one is 1700 +with 10 round mag now.
The mags are like gold, I see them for 50 to 90 bucks, sheesh that is high,( don't ever buy the cheep ones, they don't work, trust me) The M1A is like owning a Cadilac, every thing for it is high ( not that I own a Caddy). But, it is a real thumper, something to hold and admire, and of course a real treat to shoot.

I know what you are going through! Lucky for me, the burning desire to get my M1A peaked just as the tax refund check arrived. The ink wasn't even dry on that check when I spent it!

I found what I thought and still think is the nicest M1A on the block. It has a custom kevlar/graphite match grade stock, Springfield pre-ban receiver, Krieger SS barrel, NM sights (front and rear), alluminum bedding block, NM op rod, titanium gas piston, etc. Shoots like a dream and the SS barrel is a cinch to clean.

Hey, I know you're eventually going to get one, so why agonize over the wait??!!

Let us know....

Hey Muleshoe - I bought the M1A from a friend of mine whose stepfather is a master gunsmith. There are just three like this one, and my friend owned two of them. He needed quick cash for a project rifle, so I "helped" him out. All that said, I paid $1,550 for it. Came with a hard case, sling and two USGI 20 rounders.

Back