Are Sig 228 still in production?

recon1

Just fired one yesterday! Now I need one. What a great pistol. The UPS compact may have to be put up for a while. Are the 228's still in prodcution. Whats the price range on new or used 228's?

Yes, but from what I've heard, if there is a law enforcement contract that needs fillin', your going to have to wait till its filled first. Thats why some of the Sig models have been hard to find lately. Glock works the same way, as I'm sure most of the other companies do also. So don't let someone tell you that this model isn't made anymore. They're out there, you just have to find them.

I traded my Glock 19 for one about three months ago. I got the 228 at a Salem, Va gun show from a dealer called Dark Sun for $509.00. I really like the Sig much more than the Glock. I had the Glock for about 8 years and could never get good precision accuracy out of it. The Sig is dead on accurate. I think it has a lot to do with the trigger. I even had a 3.5lb connector installed in the Glock and it was still all over the target. Good battle accuracy though. Besides the Sig is much easier on the eyes. Check at your next local gun show there should be some. I saw some at the last gun show just a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for the replies. Dallas is having a big gunshow this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to pick on up. What do extra magazines run price wise?

The Beretta 92FS is the primary US military sidearm, known as the M9. The SIG P228 is the secondary military sidearm, known as the M11. It is for those with smaller hands (yes, ma'am) and for concealed carry. I'm guessing it will be around for a while. Don't know what impact military demand might have on civilian supply.

Back