Are Remy Mod 700 300 WM factory barrels throated for 210 grain bullets (and bigger)

Yes. My concern would be with the barrel twist. I think the standard twist is 1:10. The Berger 210 gr hunting VLD requires a 1-11 twist or faster. The Berger 210 target VLD requires the same.

What about the 210 SMK or 208 A max in a 1:10?

Yup,Remy 300 WM factory twist is 1:10.

So the Bergers prefer faster than 1:10?

Generally speaking, longer heavier bullets require rifle barrels with a faster twist. Berger 210 grain bullet requires a rifle barrel with a twist of 1-11 or faster. If your Rem 700 300 Win mag has a twist of 1-10 you're ok.

Remmy's are for guys too lazy to type Remington

And that is an example of having too much time on your hands with nothing to contribute.

I started the thread because I thought I could get some helpful answers (thank you to those who added something useful to the conversation). RemINGTON would only give me the "we build to Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers Institute specifications". Which for we was as useful as Ford saying my car will take premium gas.

For your benefit notice I did not use "SAAMI" nor did I use "specs" nor did I even use "didn't". Because to paraphrase The Dude in The Big Lebowski "you're not into the brevity thing."

I will forward this thread to the forum moderator for consideration for deletion since I offended your delicate sensibilities.

Well, I'm sorry you are too sensitive to handle a little good natured kidding. You've been around for about a year and a half. That is long enough to know that folks who use terms like Remy, Winny, Shotty etc. are often not taken seriously.

So you speak for the Forum in that it is how you say things and not what you are saying that determines whether you get helped on this Forum or not.

I have seen good natured kidding on this Forum and that was not an example of it.

Back