Are Our Days Numbered ?

Mike H

I know that the story regarding Colt withdrawing much of its handgun range from public sale has more to do with commercial profit pressures than litigation and an anti-gun culture but I can't help but feel that this may be the beginning of the end for us handgun shooters. There have been too many "crazies" shooting up schools/churches/office buildings of late and the tide seems to have turned against us. When I carry a firearm, I like to think that I'm the good guy, taking responsibility for the protection of my family against the many dangers that our streets serve up, I also just plain enjoy target shooting, but for how much longer. The minority of our countrymen who are so flakey that they take up their Lorcin when the garbage is late being collected or when they don't get a full portion of fries, has, or will soon ruin it for us all. It happened in Britain, Australia and Japan and I believe the false announcements about Colt will now give our opponents more impetus here in the US,

"Forgive them Lord for they know not what they do"

Paraphrased from a once popular publication.

Tell me I'm mistaken, please.

------------------
Mike H

I hope you are mistaken but I fear as you do. It just appears that the majority of people percieve gunowners and users as a threat. I do all I can to represent the shooting and hunting sports in a positive light. 20 years ago, I didn't think that we could be disarmed but i now believe it not only possible but likely. A Sad Stubby

If the anti's think we are bad, malicious people as gun owners now, what do you think they will think should they ever try to take them from us! I for one will not hand my guns over easily...

NCglocker

I feel the clouds forming also.

The silver lining may be in the elections a year from now.

Never give up...

------------------
Go NRA

To ask this question, is evidence that this intimidation, meant for you and others who lawfully use or trade firearms, is working.

If the writing hasn't been on the wall it certainly is now. With firearms commerce being attacked by the same type of intimidation, the mere threat of a lawsuit is basically forcing corporate America to leave the firearms trade. This approach has dirt smeared all over it. It by-passes the legislative process which has the authority to regulate commerce. It smells of backdoor blackmail. Using intimidation and threats to coerce those that are in legitimate businesses to curtail or eliminate specific business segments is criminal. Especially those that aren't politically correct.

If this doesn't wake you up to the absolute necessity of increasing your personal arsenal, I don't know what does. This attack against our Constitution is being made boldly and swiftly. The cat is out of the bag folks.

Lock and load.

If we let them, then, Yes. If we fight, hard, then we can stop our losses, and make the victory phyrric (sp?) should they ever win. I want them to fight for every inch. Maybe, just maybe, we can expose their true colors and flip the public to our side. I'm going to check into Swiss citizenship, just in case.

"Did you really think that we want those laws to be observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We *want* them broken. You'd better get
it straight. That it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against then you'll know that this is not the age for beautiful
gestures. We're after power and we mean it. You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and you'd better get
wise to it. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on
criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it
becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in
that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted and
you create a nation of law-breakers and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr.
Rearden, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with."
- -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged , Ch. III, "White Blackmail".

Back