Are Hi-caps still in trouble?

Daren Thompson

Is the ban on the possesion of hi-cap mags combined with the legislation on gun shows or is it a seperate matter all together? I have not figured this out yet, and what chances do we have of stopping it in the House? The NRA as best I can tell has not sais anything about it nor has the media. This is a matter that concerns me greatly ( as it does all of us) because military weapons are my thing. This legislation would in my opinion make just about all machine guns worthless, especially belt-fed weapons. Can you imagine loading your $10,000 M-60 one round at a time :( Glad I have not purchased the semi-M1919 I thought about :(
Later
Daren

Letter from the NRA asking for money, and suggesting letter writing made no mention of hi-caps. I think it is a separate thing from Sen Frankentein (AKA Feinstein).
Paul B.
COMPROMISE IS NOT AN OPTION!

Kodiac, unless I am wrong a single link would be looked at as a hi-cap, because when combined with other links it would be capable of more than 10 rounds. kinda like I have a thirty round mag, but will only put ten rounds in it wink, wink. Unless of course they come out and say as long a you only have ten links on your person then your good. Well ten links still sucks :(
Later
Daren

I have been to both the NRA and GOA wed sites and can find nothing that shows a possesion ban in the Senate. I have as we all have seen the import ban, and the is a transfer ban in the house but I can-not find a possesion ban-what gives? :)
Later
Daren

Kodiak I don't own a belt fed weapon of any sort :( - yet

[This message has been edited by Daren Thompson (edited May 30, 1999).]

The press has reported passage in the Senate of two magazine restrictions, both by Feinstein. The first prohibits import of over 10 round magazines regardless of when made; the second "bans possession" of "assault rifles and magazines" by persons under 21. I doubt "possession" is banned, more likely a further prohibition on sales and transfer, but the press, as always on the gun issue, is totally in the fog.

Daren and Kodiak,

Yes, a single link, if it has a number/date on it, is illegal for civilian possession. It doesn't have to be linked to others or have a round in it.

Jim

[This message has been edited by Jim Keenan (edited May 30, 1999).]

Kalifornia's SB23 makes it a felony/misdemeanor (floater) to loan a hi-cap to someone. SB23 is a revision of last year's AB23, which was vetoed by Gov. Wilson(R). AB23 made it a felony to POSESS a hi-cap mag and there was no provision to grandfather them.

Unfortunately, we now have Gray Davis (D) as governor, and he will sign anything.

The supply and demand principle of economics puts us all on notice that any 'hi-cap' will become more expensive over the next few years. That was happening anyway, but this should accelerate the process since the import ban will further restrict the supply.

I wonder what this will do to Para-Ordnance???

[This message has been edited by Jeff Thomas (edited May 31, 1999).]

Back