Are CZ-75 and EAA Witness mags interchangeable?

Ought Six

Since the Witness autos are a sort of a clone of the CZ-75, I was wondering if the mags from one pistol will work in the other. There's plenty of hi-cap (15 round) 9mm CZ-75 factory mags available for about $50 each, so that would be a big plus to consider in maybe purchasing an EAA Witness.

But not ALWAYS.

Have about a dozen hi-caps for two EAA 9mm-frames, and some of the mags are CZ's; a couple don't work in one frame correctly......

Cheap 20rd mags out there for under $25; not great, but with some decent springs and followers they function.

I've had great success with the PRO-MAG 15 rounders, from CDNN (www.cdnninvestments.com) -- and they sold for around $15. I also needed some cheap 10-rounders (for plate matches) and the ones from Magnum Research were good ($10).

Pro Mag function yes, rattle yes

I picked up several of the pro mags from cdnn (great outfit to work with). Very happy with function but being raised by a mother of german descent i have a pretty good eye for detail and my eye noticed that factory mags fully loaded will not rattle when shaken. This in not true of the ProMag mags which really rattle quite a bit when loaded in or out of the gun. I think this may be overcome by replacing the follower with a factory follower but have not tried this yet. To me it just seems that the ProMag is just wide enough to allow a little slop.

They feed just fine, maybe better because if you compare a promag to a factory from the back(primer)side at the tops near the feed lips you will find that the factory mag has a wide shallow groove for the reicever to grab the bullet during feeding and the ProMag is deeper.

The rattle is only a flaw if you need/desire your equipment to be quiet. I will buy more ProMags despite the noise. For a daily carry gun I think it would drive me nuts if I was fairly active.

cz/witness mags

Walt,

How can I get some $10 mags from Magnum Research? They list as higher than that at the website, and I would love some for my baby eagle.

thanks,

jason
jmstr@earthlink.net

Walt,

How can I get some $10 mags from Magnum Research? They list as higher than that at the website, and I would love some for my baby eagle.

Just check the CDNN website from time to time. I got mine on special.

I've found that checking in every once in a while can pay big dividends. (I bought eight at $9.99.)

They are strange magazines: rather than the conventional follower and spring, the spring is a coil spring which rolls UP under the follower as it come us the tube. They have performed flawlessly. (Its what I use for IDPA competition.)

Yes and No

Yes and no is my answer. Some TZ75 magazines work in my CZ75s and some don't. The 15 round TZ75 magazines work in my PCR compact but not in my full sized CZ75. Regards, Richard

Back