Are all moonclips created equal ??

wayne

With Ranch Products, Moonclips.com, and La Prade all selling moonclips for .45acp revolvers, and at different prices, I'm wondering if they are all of similar quality ?

Has anybody found some stronger than others, etc...

I've used LOTS of TK Customs' moonclips, in several calibers...and they ARE top-notch...but I've never used any of their .45 ACP 'clips...I have tried the Ranch Products .45 ACP 'clips...didn't like 'em very much...got a couple that were "out of spec" and wouldn't work. Haven't tried the LaPrade, either...the .45 ACP moonclips that work the best for me are the ones I got from Wilson Combat, FWIW....mikey357

Half moons for the .45ACP are still available from S&W, but for that caliber, I prefer to buy GI ones. There are usually a few around at the gun shows for $.50 or $1 if you know what to look for. Most of the new ones are too thin and not durable.

Jim

i bought a hundred (or so) moon clips from laprade for - what was it $23 or so

a couple that i got that looked a little rusty (storage), and one was a little bent, so i counted them

i think they sent me about 115 clips

at any rate - i bagged up the hundred best looking ones for future use & have been shooting those 15 worst looking ones of the bunch - no problems

i think that clips from ranch products might have a better finish on them, but at just under a quarter a piece from LaPrade - i dont worry too much about that.

now - i understand that the 627 clips are a lot thinner, prone to damage, & more expensive ($3 a clip), the 610 clips are also more expensive (also in that $3 a clip range) if i shot one of those i might feel differently

La Prade has an ad in Gun List. They don't list a phone number.

They list 45acp moonclips for 16/$8.00 or 100/$20.00.

La Prade
Rt. 5
Box 240AGL
Tazwell, TN. 37879

Fax No. 423-733-2073

DON'T do like i did and fax a order in with a credit card number on the sheet!

they dont take credit cards!!!!

Call the guy up & say what you want & ask about shipping costs, then mail in a check or money order to him.

It will save you a couple of days (before he finally gets around to calling you up & says - "hey we dont take credit cards")

REAL nice guy to talk to, but come on, no credit cards?

i didnt think bout that, but you are right - his number is not in his ad

i had it at one time (it showed up on caller ID when he called me to tell me they didnt take credit cards)

perhaps you should just send in $3 or 4 extra for shipping.... that should cover it

i also got his little demooning tool (little bent piece of metal - works ok, considering its only $4)

he sent mine out in a small envelope USPS, everything together had $3.50 postage on it or something like that.

Back