Arcus Hi Power Copy

Tracer

I just bought one new ($225 out the door) and was planning to remove the mag safety,do a trigger job,and acquire a hi cap magazine. Previously I owned the FEG,which I foolishly sold. This gun surfaced while I was looking for the other. My questions are:
1. Is the Arcus or FEG better?
2.What hi cap mag is available,and how much?
3.Anything to be done with the sights? Will Browning replacements fit?
4.Which is more accurate?
5.Holster recommendations?
thanks
Tracer

2. The 17rnd SA magazines from http://www.cdnninvestments.com are not to be missed. On sale for $19.95. I love 'em. Springs are stiff at first. You'll need to use the supplied loading tool. But they loosen up.

5. For concealed carry, my research has led me to Milt Sparks Versa-Max or Watch Six dual talon. Have not used yet, just the results of my own search.

I have both FEG PJKs and Arcus 94s as well as FN and FM HiPowers. The FEG is closer to the HPs in most areas, but both the FEG and Arcus have areas of incompatibility.

Mags are interchangeable amoung all four as are safeties, and MOST internals. Check CDNN as said for the South African 17 rounders.

Sights can be a problem as they are not the same as the HiPowers and your gunsmith may need to do some machining to make them fit.

I use two holsters with my HPs, both from HighNoon Holsters. I have a Mr. Softy for IWB and a Topless belt holster. Both have been very good. see http://www.highnoonholsters.com .

My Thoughts on Your Questions

1) My gunsmith is of the opinion that the metal in the Arcus is better. He did a trigger job on both for me.
2) Any BHP or FN magazine should work in the Arcus. The 17 round magazines do not work in my FEG.
3) For sights it appears that Sig sights might work or you might have to have a custom fitting done.
4) Toss up. Neither of mine give match accuracy.
5) I have a flap holster that M/D did for me as I do not see myself carrying the Arcus or FEG for CCW purposes. I would opt for one of my BHPs.
6) Additional information, I am sure the grip and internal parts on an Arcus are very close to a BHP. My FEG isn't as close to BHP, dimensionally, as an Arcus.

Regards,

Richard

What about the 17 round magazines don't work in your FEG? They work perfectly in mine, can I give you my address? :D

Richard, which FEG model are you referring to?

The PJK-9HP is the "true" Hi-Power clone (hence the last 3 letters of the name). Other FEG models look like the HP, but have significant differences (some DA models, for example).

The 17 rnd mags work in my PJk-9HP. I think most/all parts are compatible.

Johnwill, DaveR...

I have the PJK-9HP FEG and the South African 17 rounders won't fit in mine either. My buddy has a BHP and they fit his fine, his 10 round Browning mags fit my FEG though.

Any idea what that might be about?

I don't know why they would work in mine and not yours. I have tried Browning, Mec-Gar and SA 17's in mine, and everything has worked so far.

When you say they won't fit, do they bind in the magazine well going in? Or do they not lock in place?

If it were me, I would pull the grips off your FEG and your buddy's HP and look for differences.

The reason the 17 round magazines do not work is that the FEG is not built to the exact tolerances of a BHP. I would say something in my PJK-9HP FEG doesn't meet specs. Am I going to worry about it? No, I will continue to shoot it with 10 & 13 rounders. Regards, Richard

Back