AR15 scope?

DavidB2

I am looking at either the crossfire II by vortex or one of the Nikon scopes designed for .223. Curious if anyone has experience with these scopes? My price limit is no more than $180.00

I like the Burris Fullfield E1 in that range. It will set you back about $200 or a little less.

It has a BDC reticle and optics looked very good to me. Also,it is a Burris. They are good scopes.

Also, for the Vortex, you could get a Diamondback 2-7 BDC in your price range. Slightly better optic, in my shopping opinion. I have the 2-8 Nikon Monarch on my AR and picked up a Vortex Diamondback HP 2-8x to compare. One is going to live on my #1 Ruger 45-70. One will be on the AR. Likely, they are indistinguishable to my eyes and tastes.

I dont really know about the Nikon 223 models. I find that style of scope to cut optical quality for mechanicals and be decent budget scopes for all around use, but I haven't bought one....just shopped them.

Moo, those prices are usually for the refurbished scopes. Here is one at Natchez in that price range and it does not include free shipping. There is nothing wrong with refurbished products. I just wanted to make sure that we are comparing apples to apples here.

Jim

I just bought a Bushnell AR-Optics for my AR-15. I like the scope, it is very clear and the reticle is sharp. Even at 18x (mine is the 4.5-18x model) it is very clear.

Thanks,

John

Don't listen to "Brand" biases. My Nikon P-223 is excellent and I get tight groupings at 100 yards. It's made for the "Black Rifles" and is a nice addition to to your AR.

Another Nikon fan here. P223 in 3x and 3-9x. Really clear low/no distortion and inexpensive. Great value for the money.

I've got the Nikon M-223 1 x 4 on my rifle, and it's pretty nice glass. Mine does have a center dot reticle, and the dot is a little big for long range work, but I consider my AR an acreage rifle, so I don't really push much over 100 yards anyway.

Get the Nikon mount to go with the scope, and you'll have a rock solid sighting system that doesn't need batteries.

Try Natchez Shooters Supplies, natchezss.com
The P series 223 is a good scope but in the long run and for a few dollars more a top of the line Nikon M series is worth it.
i.e. REFURBISHED Nikon Monarch 3 Rifle Scope - 2.5-10x42mm NP: $239.99.
NIB, Nikon M-223 AR Rifle Scope - 3-12x42mm SF Nikoplex Reticle Matte: $279.95 Regular price, $449.95.

Last edited:
I like vortex optics but I would upgrade to the diamondback series to get a decent scope. I have a viper on one of my ARs and it is excellent. I also have a Nikon prostaff on one of my rifles as well as 2 other rifles. I heavily recommend them if you can't go over $200.

Back