AR15 quad rail for someone with a 90" reach

What would someone like me, with a 90" reach need to do to my Rock River LAR-15 to fit comfortably enough so my left arm can grab hold the way I grip the rifle without me getting scrunched up?

A long quad rail correct? What do you recommend for my current setup? I know I'm going to have to cut the iron sight from where it is and move it up. That's not a problem. Just don't know what a good quad rail would be to match my rifle and searching Google has yielded me no solid results.

I want the rail to come as close to the muzzle as possible.

e5a7umy3.jpg

Cut your FSB down to fit under the rail. The put a quality rifle rail on it. The put a rail top front sight of your liking.

Also, I think somebody, MI maybe, makes a front rail with a notch for the carbine placed FSB.

Nathan said:
Also, I think somebody, MI maybe, makes a front rail with a notch for the carbine placed FSB.
Yeah, that's the simplest way to go. A bunch of companies make those, but the best bang-for-your-buck is probably from Troy:

http://store.troyind.com/Troy_BattleRail_Delta_p/srai-dlt-cxbt-00.htm

Because they're two-piece, these don't require that you temporarily remove the front sight. They also don't require you to remove anything but the hand guards; no delta-ring removal or anything like that.

Back