ar15 full auto kit cost?

stuckinthe60s

I have an old class 3 collector w/o a computer wants to know what the going rate is for a full auto build kit today? ball park is fine.

Last edited:
No idea what you are asking about... DIAS?

Machineguntony probably follows values, but you might need to post more specifics.

let me readdress the question since I don't know the first thing about what he wants.

how about this......all parts required to build a full auto minus the receiver.....

an old man who is an old class 3 dealer who has full auto kits wants to know what they are worth today?

Last edited:
again...........he IS A LICENSED DEALER of full autos.
hes old and has stuff laying around and wants to sell it to LEGAL buyers all proper.

so I see it may be whats called a bolt and sear assy?
isn't there more to it?
triggers, springs, selector switches etc....

I mean I do remember 14's and 16's from my service days.

lets try it this way....
your full auto 16 broke down.
it needs _______, __________, and _________ to make it work full auto again.

or.....once upon a time an old man who built legal full auto ar's and shot them kept loads of legal parts in his locked safe.
one day he scratched his head and realized he was old. so...he decided to sell his legal stuff to his buddies, but lo, they were all dead. so he calls me and asks me to ask honest legal people who know full autos a few questions since he doesn't have a computer.
so I asked.
when he learns what they are worth....he will most likely put them on the legal market so others wont rape him of his valuable parts.
the end.

If the parts are serial numbered AND transferable, they are worth quite a bit (tens of thousands possibly).

My understanding is other the Registered Drop in Auto Sears (RDIAS), the receiver needs to be on the transferable registry. Unregistered parts are not legal to sell.

he probably knows all that, but I learned something. thanks shark.
I visited him about 30 years ago and my mouth was drooling.
you name it he had it, uzi's macs, 16's, 14's, bars...
all in a house that was cinder blocks and combo doors in every room. even the kitchen and living room.
his wife didn't mind it either.
he raised a lot of kids dealing with them.
now hes old.
and he knows he cant just sell them, he knows it must be sold to another class 3 dealer or if he dies...it must all go to the batf.
thus his concern about selling it sooner than later.
I just wanted to help him.
thanks gang.

Those parts would be sucked up like vacuum on gunbroker, he doesn't need to guess at what they're worth, the people bidding will tell him.

>>>>>I have an old class 3 collector w/o a computer wants to know...<<<<<

kinda hard to do without a computer...wouldn't ya say?
was hoping for people here to share some insight. I see its not working. thanks anyway.

>>>>>I have an old class 3 collector w/o a computer wants to know...<<<<<

was hoping for people here to share some insight. I see its not working. thanks anyway.
That's sort of like saying I can't sell my Ferrari collection because I don't have a digital camera to take pictures of them.
You obviously have a computer and probably a phone with a camera essentially everything you need to list any parts he has on gunbroker, start the bidding at 1.00 with no reserve.
Gunbroker will take there fees and ask your old class 3 collector for whatever percentage you agree on or a flat fee. Transferable full auto parts are big money especially right now. The only road blocks your encountering are the ones you put up yourself.

stuck'

The problem lies in us not knowing what your friend actually has.

If he has any Registered Drop In Auto Sears (used to convert a semi-auto AR into a legal select fire AR), they are valued in the thousands of $

If he has full auto parts that require a registered full auto receiver for legal use, they are valued much, much lower.

Today, I believe Auto sears are the only part you need a registered lower to possess hassle-free.

The 1980s-90s ATF view that having any M16 parts made you guilty of constructive possession has long since been revised, so full auto bolt carriers etc. are not hard to find or aquire.

Again, you need someone who is currently in that market, and on this site I think that means Machineguntony... you might try sending him a message.

Tony may have hit it on the head.

If the Gentleman in question use to build full auto guns, these are the parts he would have used as a licensed manufacture. They require a NFA registered receiver to be of use today.

Not necessarily true…full auto bolt carriers were installed in thousands if not millions semi-auto AR15’s from the late 70’s onward. Selectors, sears, F/A BC are all legal to own, as they will not make a semi into an FA without some additional work. Since the OP, doesn’t really know what the guy has he “could” be setting on $30k plus or $100 as Tony mentioned…another problem is not knowing how he made them FA. Did he drill the receiver or cut a shelf or slot? The RDIAS needs a “low” shelf, the hole should be self-explanatory, then the Lightening Link just needed “slight” milling, however…one of the sears needed all AR15 parts and the other M16 parts, don’t remember which went with which.

That's pretty much impossible to do, when you can't tell us what the parts are.

You're the one coming up short here, not the guys trying to help you.

im in va. hes in ga.
I only visit time to time.
we use copper grid.
-------------------

I do want to thank all those who seriously helped.
im pretty sure I got what I needed here on the topic and in pm's.
case closed.
cheers.

Back