AR15 conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have both a preban and postban Ar15 (both Colt) and was wondering how difficult it is to convert them to full auto ?? Which would be easier ?? Does it just involve changing parts in the lower receiver...or is there some machining needed. Don't worry, I'm not about to throw my career away just to hear one of them go brrrrrpppp...but I would like to have the info stored away in case they ever change the law back ( pre '86...an individual could make and register his own full auto gun...I still have one of the forms !!) I don't think the batf can "kick my door in" just for having the information !!

Also, the post ban ar is a national match, heavy bbl..and has a lousy looking flash supressor welded on...is it possible to change that to a "birdcage" type...or would the end of the bbl need to be turned down on a lathe ?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

artie in miami

I doubt you'll find anyone here who will give out any information like that, seeing as it is patently illegal. I know I certainly wouldn't if I knew how. :D
If you're that interested, there are quite a few books on the subject, especially by Palladin Press.
As to the flash hider, it is probably silver soldered on. You might try putting some heat on it. Quite a bit of heat as BATFE requires 1250 degrees F IIRC to attach flash hiders.

Seven posts so far and two of a somewhat suspect nature (one asking how to make/convert an HK51, and this on how to convert an AR15).

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you...

:D ...I am soooooooo joking....

Do a search on full auto conversions, here to see why you won't be getting the info HERE, and then go google the info you are looking for. This little majic box you are on will locate almost anything:p

Physically it isn't hard with the right parts. The difficult physical part is the time that it will entail. How much time can you take off from work and away from your family and loved ones? How much time are you willing to spend with Bubba in a dark cell? How many times are you willing to go before a parole board before you're finally out?

So, how hard? Not bad at all if you do it legally and spend the $$$ to do it right. The "easy" way takes too much "time" as explained above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back