AR15.com? WTF?

mic007tfp

Hey is it me, or is anyone else having problems getting in? I can get to the menu, but once I select a discussion it doesn't connect. I'm getting shakes... need my ar15.com...

I had a problem getting into AR15.com too. That started about three, four days ago, but yesterday afternoon I finally got in and was able to jump around the different forums like normal... Perhaps their server is overloaded...

I've had major problems last week getting in. These few days have been much better. If you go to the main page, the webmaster addresses this issue. He says everything is working right but doesn't know why it is slow. I think he is going to move it to another server sooner or later.

Oh, I finally looked at the opening page (i have a bookmark in the forums) and like Spirex said, the webmaster is having Server problems. Go Linux! Actually go REDHAT (it'll make me rich!)

Ed is in the process of changing servers. Problems started last week and he was out of town and unable to fix them. In the near future he will be moving AR15.com to a new server (Linux/Apache). I don't know if he's just re-booting it or making the changes now.

Giz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty
to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759.

Someone else posted this on the AR15 site, I forget which thread.

When you get to the main forum page, near the top on the left side is a link that says "todays active forums" or something like that. Click on that and you will get a list of the threads with new posts for that day. you can then click them and it open that thread. Slow, but works.

Back