Ar15: bcg not seating properly

Wadesauce

Inactive
Hey guys. Long time since I posted. I've just built an ar15, but my bcg isn't wanting to seat which prevents me from closing my upper and lower receiver. I think the gas tube may have been improperly installed (By palmetto state armory.)

It was a palmetto state armory complete premium upper and, a bcm fde bcg.

20161125_191837_zpsccpunpff.jpg

20161125_191905_zpsgfiyinq0.jpg

What do you guys think?

^^^Try that first.

There may be some sort of debris preventing the bolt from fully locking or maybe some reason the bolt isn't moving in the BCG properly. Maybe one of your gas rings has jumped out of place.
Apply copious oily substance and try again.

The time y roll pin through the gas block secures the gas tube by passing through a hole in the forward end of the gas tube. The assembler has to pay close attention to make sure the hole through the gas tube lines up with the hole in the gas block when the roll pin is installed. I bet that didn't happen and the gas tube isn't fully seated.

The corrective action is to gain access to the gas block and remove the roll pin. Fully seat the gas tube and reinstall the roll pin while making sure the holes in the tube and block are aligned.

Thank you for the responses. I tried just the carrier, still didn't seat right. I'm going to try it the bcg in a buddies ar. If it works in his, I'll know it's the gas tube isn't guess.

I'll know for sure soon. Thanks guys.

Yup. What DnPRK said. Did it my self on a build. Dumb but like he said is an ittybitty hole and an itty bitty pin to get in the right spot.

Back