AR Price Question

SA Scott

For AR-15 Gurus:

Had a chance to pick up a pre-ban CAR-configured rifle at a gun show this weekend, but I chickened out. I had the itch REALLY bad. :D

PWA lower, serial #9XXX, looked to be 95%.

Would have been $1,350 cash, OTD, private sale.

Is this a good value, or was I instinctively right to pass? I might still be able to get it.

Thanks,

SA Scott

what proof was available that the lower was built up as a functioning gun pre September 1994?

Price is about right for a preban factory gun
a parts gun is another animal...

dZ

Thanks, dZ.

That's a good question. I don't think any paperwork was provided...how would one go about verifying the status of the lower?

SA Scott

Call up the manufacturer. Some manufacturers let you check via their web site (like Armalite). Is PWA still around?

Jared

PWA is no longer around, but their lowers are being sold by Rock River Arms. Your best bet is to start off contacting Rock River:
www.rockriverarms.com

and then see where that leads as to finding out if that serial number could be traced to a completed rifle prior to the AW Ban date.

from ar15.com:
PWA (360) 438-3983
35222 and Below - Pre-Ban (Note:Some lowers are cast not forged. Out of business) Post-ban have a year prefix in the serial number. Rumored to have only sold lowers.

THere is little proof that a PWA lower was built up pre 1994. At the least you should get a letter from the seller stating that the gun was a functioning rifle pre September 1994

heres a good pre-post page: http://www.ar15.com/legal/preORpost.asp

Back