AR MAGazine carrier

Dude, you literally waited 30 minutes before complaining. Some of us older guys spend more time in the morning in the bathroom after coffee.

Secondly you didn't really tell much about your problem set.

Which do you prefer?

What is the intended use of the rifle? form following function

That said I have two basic style for carrying AR magazines. With a full vest and with a plate carrier. With a full vest I go with something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Condor-Tripl...30621502&sr=8-16&keywords=condor+m4+mag+pouch

I know it says it is airsoft but it is made out of Cordura and plenty strong enough for regular use. If your vest is large enough you want to go with the style without the pistol magazine pouches up front as this may interfere with pistol reloading during transition fire.

With a plate carrier or soft concealed armor only I go with something like this:

https://www.atlantictactical.com/5-...MI0obnvv-C3AIVCQhpCh2WuwWIEAYYAiABEgKTpPD_BwE

The brand I have I don't see offered anymore but it was built very durable.

Carrying mags for what purpose? There are hordes of mag pouches for AR-15/M-16/M4 magazines. How many mags you need to lug around? Double and triple mag milsurp pouches start at $15 on sportsmansguide.com. ALICE 3 30 round mag pouches run $6.99 to $12.99 each at Midway. Pays to shop around.
Mags in a vest are too slow to get at in a hurry if you're attacked by a swarm of rampaging ground hogs.
Oh and 0735 to 0805 is still night. Most of us older guys are still in bed thinking about getting up to pee. snicker.

Heavens, what a bunch of touchy people and by the way the first two posts were more then 24 hours apart.. guess you need glasses along with your bathroom time.
As to old guys unless you are in your 90s your a youngster compared to me.
As to why I asked, just wanted a way to store mags rather then tossing in a drawer.

Storing is different than carrying. An ammo can works well for storage.

If you wants answers define your problem better.

My goodness everyone, calm down!

Philosophy of use is an important discussion here. For 'carrying around mags' I find a vest preferable. It distributes the weight and allows for easy customization and flexibility. Not to mention the number of manufacturers making vests and accessories.

I have tried a gun belt a few times, I don't own one personally. I always found them bulky and I didn't think I could carry as much as I could on a vest. But competition shooters certainly have figured out how to make them work well for them!

I have several 3 magazine bandoliers & I can grab one or more depending on the situation-I rarely carry my AR & its ammo very far.

5-11 makes a nice mag-bag. Can convert into a chest rig or just sling it over a shoulder. Has a cpl zippered pockets to carry other stuff too.

I have couple of em and like em alot.

I think its called a 4 banger (4 mags)

Back