AR-15 Vertical forward grips

Oldjarhead

I recently acquired a Smith and Wesson M&P Sport 2 AR-15. I was looking for a good vertical grip to attach to the bottom of the rifle's standard forward grips. Any recommendations ? Thanks.:confused:

Do you plan on attaching a picatinny rail to the bottom or are you looking for recommendations that attach directly to the forend?
Personally, I'm a fan of the Magpul vertical grips (the short ones). It feels comfortable to grip and to use it as a handstop.
I also own Grip Pod (fwd grip where a bipod springs out the bottom when button is hit) and Tapco vertical grips. The Tapco is also comfortable to grip, but I still like the Magpul more. The Grip Pod is useful if needing a bipod in a split second. But I didn't find it comfortable to hold onto. I like having the top of my hand rest against the bottom of the forend and the Grip Pod prevents that due to the button and tightening screw being in the way.

You can attach Picatinny to the bottom of a standard AR handguard, no problem. From there, I like the Magpul VFG. It's light, doesn't get in the way, and it does the job. Grip pods are kinda cool, but a little heavy for my taste. Depends on your POU (philosophy of use, nutnfacny-ism)

Back