AR-15 trigger didn't release the bolt

ndking1126

I have a Palmetto State Armory Lower and a CBC industries upper in 300 Black out. I did not build or modify either one.

I have fired the rifle about 50 times and had no problems. I put them back in my gun cabinet with the AR-15 bolt pulled back and the safety on. There were no magazines in the well or bullets in the chamber.

Yesterday when I pulled it out of the cabinet, I put in on fire and pulled the trigger. It didn't release the bolt. I couldn't do anything to get the bolt to release. Finally I decided to push out the two take-down pins and as I started to separate the two halves, the bolt slammed forward.

I looked both halves over, nothing jumped out at me. I also manually cocked the hammer and let it slowly ease forward when I pulled the trigger. Everything worked as it always has. I put the two halves back together and did multiple function checks. There were no more problems.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Did you try pushing the bolt release, it's this button on the left side
194328.jpg

Well played. Not my brightest moment. I knew that, I really did! It is my first AR for the record.

Last edited:
What!

I'm confused.

The safety engaged with the bolt open and you were using the trigger to release the bolt?

I don't think it works that way.

There is a serious issue here.
Please don't take this as a personal attack.I don't mean it that way.Sometimes I have to speak up.
If you had just bought some Hayabusa extremely high performance motorcycle,good for you! I do not question your right to own one.
But it would be YOUR responsibility to know the brakes,shifter,throttle,etc to be able to ride a 200 mph motorcycle.
Point is made,I'll leave it there.
No disrespect intended.

Sometimes shame is a great teaching tool, imma bettin ndking never forgets where the bolt release on an AR is ever again.

Back