AR-15 A2 Post ban

Stonewall

Inactive
Fellas, I am purchasing a Colt AR-15 Post Ban rifle this weekend (trading in a f1a1 sporter) Just wondering what's a fair price on this rifle?(The AR) It has a carry handle, flash supressor, silng and 2 clips. It is NIB and has never been fired. Is there anything I need to do before firing to break in the barrel? I am new to the mil. rifle's world. (Just an ole country boy who uses a rem bdl 7mm mag to hunt with) Thanks in adv. for the help!

------------------
deo vindice

[This message has been edited by Stonewall (edited March 04, 1999).]

It also depends a lot on the brand of AR. Many people swear by some brands and swear at others. Your best bet, as stated above, would be to head to AR15.com

Stonewall, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but if this 'post' ban AR has a flash suppressor, it may be a problem. That will probably make 1 too many 'ugly' features. OTOH, some muzzle brakes look like flash suppressors, and there is a subtle difference (to my still amateur eye).

Is the barrel threaded?

Most of the time, the muzzle brakes have set screws on them to hold themselves to the barrel. Usually four at the 12,3,6,9 o'clock postions. You don't see many if any post bans with treaded barrels. May be post ban lower with pre-ban upper.

not entirely true CUT. This issue came up this week on ar15.com a guy thought that bushmaster messed up on his barrel cuz it was to be a 14.5" with a brake permanently attached to it. The guy was concerned when he didn't see any of the pins on the brake. it turns out that BM put that brake on before finishing the barrel, so you can't see where the pins are.
Just saying that barrel might not be threaded even if you can't see the pins

Thanks Fellas,
Turns out my eyes deceived me. The Ar in question did not have a flash supp. on it.
It is a Match Target Comp. HBAR. the ser number starts with cch002###. Barrel Has a 1/9 twist. I am calling colt to find out more info on this particular gun. If anyone has info. on this model (is it a 6700..??) I would appreciate it. Shot it today for the first time and was pleased, much more so than with the FLN parts gun.
Thanks again guys.

------------------
deo vindice

Back