AR-10?

Element

Has anyone used an AR-10 from Armalite?
If so , what do you think of it?
Should I just stick with the AR-15 or go whit that hard hitting 308?

I recently bought an AR10A4 stainless-barrel carbine and I love it. Have put over 700 rounds through it so far without a jam and it is a damn accurate and handy gun.
Only downside to the gun is the cost of hicap mags...you have to send either a USGI or Norinco M14 mag and $25 or two USGI or Norinco M14 mags into Armalite to get one 20 round Armalite mag back in return. Given the current price of USGI M14 mags, this puts the price of a 20 round AR10 mag at around $60+.
But if you want a 308 there are very few I would reccomend over it.

I've been looking at one myself for a while now but I can't get over the magazine costs either. It's a beautifully put together rifle and I'm certain I wouldn't be dissapointed but I'm the kind of guy that wants 20 mags for a rifle and I'm pretty sure I'll just stick with my FAL because of it.
20 FAL mags = $140.00
20 AR10 mags = $1200.00

OUCH

Well, here's some possible good news for you...Armalite has asked the ATF to okay them converting FAL mags to AR10 mags too, which would reduce the price of 20 round AR10 mags considerably. Keep your fingers crossed that they get clearance.

Back