Approximate approval time for form 3 or 4 ??

smithrob75

Inactive
Just wondering what to expect from "real world" expirience. Mine was done through a trust but I'm also looking for all conditions. Does it really take 90 days ?

Also why does it take so long ? Just seems like something that could be done in 3 or 4 days at most. I do paperwork for a brokerage firm and it's just a matter of making sure everything is done correctly. I mean, I'd pay $500 for the transfer fee if they could make the process quicker. Thanks

I just got a Form1 back in 31 days. I sent a Form4 in on 10-17 and I expect it to be back before Thanksgiving. I bought a rifle from PA and the form3 took 10 days. I'll be sending that Form4 in in a week or so hopefully. Generally, the forms (1&4) have been averaging about 30 days.

Thanks for the reply !! The $200 check cleared 10-9-07, would I have a way to check on the status ? I certainly don't want to bug the people doing the paperwork, but it would be nice to have an idea. I'm out over $20,000 with no gun until the paperwork gets back.

(I trust my dealer, it's just a matter of having to wait so long)

You can check the status. You will need the serial number from whatever you are transfering. Call 304-616-4500. You won't be bothering an examiner. They have someone who answers the phone specifically to field this exact question. If your check cashed on 10-9 then you should be getting the form back very soon. BTW, what is it you are transfering?????

Back