Approval???

Bill DeShivs

Today I got an email from BATF stating that my form one is approved. It had a PDF file of the approved form and tax stamp.
But- it also included a continuation (page 2, if you will) with basic 4473-type questions, a place to affix a photograph, LE certification.

I am assuming that since the form one was done on a trust, this is all there is to it? No pictures, etc.?
This is my first NFA item.

The PDF should have been your form 1 with the tax stamp affixed and an approval signature of the BATFE examiner that approved it.

Print a copy, put it with your trust paperwork. Build the item in question.

I keep a pic on my phone of the Trust doc, schedule A and all approved forms. That way if you get to the range and forgot to pack your "papers", you at least have something to show the Man if asked.

A little more engraving, then nickel plating the receiver.
After gold plating the triggers, I'll put the guts back in and finish it up!

Sorry for the bad pic!

Last edited:
It started life as an EAA Bounty Hunter 20 ga.
It had lousy stamped "engraving" on the receiver, so I covered that as best I could with hand engraving.
I made the pistol grip to approximate a 1969 Holland Firearms version of the old Ithaca "Auto & Burglar" gun. I shortened the factory forearm.
I made it on a form 1. The barrels are 10" long.
The gun is 16" long.

IF you ever shoot it, don't let the muzzle(s) hit you in the nose. I can't say as the angle of the grip seems all that functional.

Plated receiver and triggers, assembled. Functions fine.
Will soon put a sling swivel on the bottom of the pistol grip, and maybe inlay a gold shield with an initial on it!

Back