AP Article

OBIWAN

Nothing like the morning paper to set me off!
Half page article from the Associated Press on the "chilly reception for the NRA in Denver". The article makes the NRA sound heartless for continuing to hold an admittedly scaled down meeting in the wake of the killings. I couldn't help but notice that they forgot to condemn the anti groups that plan to turn the whole thing into a circus.(to promote healing, I guess?)If it was a KKK rally, the papers would be falling all over themselves to stress their first amendment rights!

Meanwhile, Tom Teepen had an editorial last week in which he claimed that by limiting the convention the NRA was admitting responsibility for the CO shooting. Of course, if the NRA had continued on schedule, he would have complained about that, too, just like the ones that are complaining that the convention wasn't cancelled entirely. It doesn't matter what happens, the liberal press will write the story based on their preconceived biases.

TB., NC

Don't let it bother you, there is no way the NRA can pacify these people. Nor should they try. Have the meeting (which I believe is required) and get out of town.... for good.

I didn't see the article, but our local paper had a full page devoted to mostly anti-gun letters to the editor. I think there were two pro-gun letters, but the rest were the usual ban them all crap.
Paul B.
COMPROMISE IS NOT AN OPTION!

Never pass up the chance to send a letter to an editor...

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

I agree with Kodiac 100%. This week I wrote a letter to the editor for the first time in my 29 years. It felt good. They even printed it. And I didn't even have to buy a stamp; I just emailed it.

-boing

I have sent several, but I tend to avoid having them published. In my prvious state of residence I was not so circumspect, and it occured to me that I might be advertising that my house would be the one to rob to outfit yourself with firearms while bypassing the Brady Laws. This Sunday edition had one article and two editorials that have pretty well convinced me that my next letter will be to cancel my subscription.

Back