Aow holsters

hehe...

It is ihnerent in the definition (the BROAD definition) of an AOW taht the ATF can pretty decide that almost naything is an AOW, if they try hard. A paper bag with a revolver in it, could arguably be an AOW.

The wallet holster falls into the category of an item taht doesn't look like a gun, but can fire rounds. In other words, you put your finger in the hole and the rounds can be fired, like magic, from the "wallet". As opposed to a gun case, which concelas a weapon, but must be OPENED before you can fire the waeapon. Theoretically, you couldpoke your finger into the paper bag and fire the gun, so it could be construed as the same type of set up.

Don't tell ATF about my lunch bags. I'd hate to have to start paying $200.02 for each bag.
But seriously I assume that the difference is the fingerhole. Saw one at a gunshow a couple of weeks ago and told the tableholder that he had an AOW on his table. He said I was the second person to tell him. He then asked what he should do with it. What can you answer to that? He then took it off his table. I don't know if he put it back after I left. He probably put it back up cheap trying to get rid of it.

Rich, Sorry, I forgot this was here and put the complete explanation over in the handgun sections.

yes, FAL , you can sew up the whole and you are fine.

Thanks, Rob. It's OK as there's overlap with the Legal issues....even with Gear and Accessories.
Let DC or me know if you'd prefer to lock it here and redirect to Walt's Forum to save confusion.
Rich

Back